Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Ramblings & such

It's been awhile since my last blog. What on earth have been up to??
Well, since it is holiday season, I've been doing the norm - Christmas shopping, going to holiday parties, and making plans for a vacation. I've been going nuts trying to find that right gift for family. I've just about gotten everyone taken care of.

I went to my department's Christmas party tonight and Oh My Goodness, the White Elephant gift exchange was SOOOOOO funny!!! I was the lucky recipient of the most hidious-looking glittery fish ornaments (which will definately be making a return next year!) and a small monkey puzzle. Needless to say, my gifts were safe. There was some pretty awful things given this year. Along with mine, there was a pair of gold sequence boxer shorts which first appeared last year. Awkwardly enought, our Vice President of the deparment was the lucky winner! Another quite 'interesting' gift was two bobble-head dolls (a boy and girl) with very strange features.

On the vacation side, Troy and I will be heading south to the Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm for some much needed R & R the week between Christmas and New Years. We're really looking forward to our break. It's been a busy year of work, school, church activities and concerts so we need some 'together time'.

So, tomorrow is THE DAY!!! The Dancing With the Stars tour comes to Fresno. I'm looking forward to it and know it will be so much fun!! Stay tuned for an update.

May God bring all of you grace and peace for a Blessed Christmas!!

1 comment:

Malia said...

It's nice to see that some people still understand what a White Elephant gift exchange is! All the "Dirty Santa" parties we go to these days consist of gifts recently purchased at a store. Come on people! Get creative! Dig through some old boxes or go through your closet or attic. It's more fun that way!