Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Christian alternative to MySpace

The thought was good one, but little did the creator of MySpace know what kind of effect it would have on today's society. By the rapid influx of people adding a profile to the MySpace community, it is obvious that people are starved for a connection - even its through text messaging, emails and blogging.

Yes, I am one of the millions who check my site frequently for any emails, bulleting boards and new songs from my favorite artists. I am very picky on who I choose on my Friends list. I have to know them, be an obvious, dedicated believer in Christ, or a Christian music artist now in or trying to get into the industry.

Many people I know in the Christian community have used this ridiculously popular site to minister to people... a few have even gotten hacked once or twice because of their ministry. I use it as another way to keep i touch with my friends and family who I don't see or talk to often.

Finally, there is an alternative way to network with others around the world, keep in touch with friends and family -- and all without the constant berage of Victoria Secret and Singles ads that are displayed on the site. Needless to say, I could do without those, as well as the very provactative pictures on some of the profiles.
ShoutLife.com is a new website that is specifically for the Christian community. Membership grows by the day and you can share openly with other believes and join others in groups with like interests. I've been on ShoutLife for a couple of weeks now and I love it so much better then MySpace. Of course, it hasn't gained a lot of popularity yet, but with a little prayer and word of mouth spreading like a California wildfire, it will grow momentum on that M.S. community and offer an alternative to people who would rather not be subjected to, or tolerate the expicity images that M.S portrays.

ShoutLife.com. Check it out!

No comments: