Thursday, February 01, 2007

Graduation is here

I officially started back at school on January 1, 2006, after many, MANY years of being out of the college mindset, and in the workforce. I decided to go back to school, allbeit online, to finally accomplish something with my life.

In about 2 weeks, I'll see the first half of that dream come true. Time has surely flown by!! On February 17, 2007, I will graduate with my AA degree in Business Administration and be well on my way to a BA in Graphic Design.

What would've taken me too many years to accomplish the conventional way, I'm doing in 2 years the more technologically-minded way! If you would've asked me when I graduated from high school that I would eventually drop out of community college, then go back years later taking classes online to get my degree, I would've told you you were out of your mind. But, here I am today, finishing my first goal, and well on my way to my second - my B.A.!

It's been a challenging and time-consuming ride, but well worth the effort to say I have a degree. With the help of friends, coworkers and a VERY PATIENT HUSBAND, I have been able to achieve these goals!

I would most definately suggest an online education to anyone who is wanting to get their degree in the shortest amount of time, going back after being out of school for awhile, and still hold down a full time job. It's especially good for stay-at-home-moms and in-home business owners that want to increase their education, or start over. I have enjoyed getting my online education so much better then sitting through classes. I have met some great new friends in my classmates and have learned so much more this way as I would have right out of high school.

At first, I thought that dropping out of college was a failure in my life. I know now that God had a specific plan for me and there was a reason for me to wait on my education. Looking back at it now, I see why. God chooses our path for us, which may not seem right to us... but He is our guide and will turn out to be just another journey to build our faith and our character. He gives us trials and "road blocks" in our life's journey to help us grow as people and as His children. It is through these "road blocks" that we run to Him for guidance and He shows us the way.

I've heard a great analogy that sums it up... Our life is a grand puzzle, and each struggle we face is just a puzzle piece that God sets in place to slowly finish the picture - our lives. We only see each piece as we face it, but God knows what the picture is going to be. I trust Him to keep putting those puzzle pieces in place, I hope and pray that I can be obedient enough to learn from each "road block" He gives me!

"Be Patient... God is Not Done With Me Yet."

1 comment:

Malia said...

Hello friend. I meant to comment here last week but for some reason it never happened! I was probably distracted by a child or something like that!

Anyway...Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of you. This is such wonderful news. You are an inspriation :)