Friday, March 23, 2007

David Carr says goodbye to Texans

In a not so surprising turn of events, the Houston Texans released QB David Carr today. I'm so sad, I'm in mourning, but am hopefuly in the possibilities that he may be returning to CA. For those that know me, you know that I follow David very closely, as he is a fanominal athlete and also a Fresno State alum.

According to the press release on their website, they acquired former Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Schaub, and giving him starting position, in hopes of turning around the season. Although it's probably a logical move, they have invested so much in David, and he in them. He wasn't given a fair chance to perform to he full capabilities with a front line that could not keep him safe long enough to prove himself.

So, the next chapter of David's NFL career begins. Where he goes, no one knows yet... but I'm hoping and praying its CA. ( just not to Oakland!!) :-) When he finds a new home, I'll have to change the jersey on my bobblehead doll. Just hope its not a Raiders jersey!

Texans Press Release

No comments: