Thursday, March 15, 2007

In God's Time

The attempt to concieve a child is a sometimes pain-staking and requires a lot of patience.
For the first few years of my marriage, both Troy and I decided to focus on serving and have some good 'couple' time. Little did we know that when we decided to try for a baby, that it would be tough and would take nearly 7 years.
I am now 34 and can thank God in his promise to bring us a child!

I am pregnant!!
Although it's still early, it is such a blessed feeling to have a living being growing inside me.
I'm 6 weeks along, and due sometime in November. I've been feeling ok so far. No morning sickness, thank goodness! I've been more tired then usual, and have been suffering from a minor case of acid reflux which I found is common in pregnancy. I first had no appetite, now I'm starting to get that munchie feeling more often.

Our families were extremely excited, as are we. Although we're still in a little bit of shock, it's starting to sink in that we'll have a little 'Root' soon.


It's been a long time coming, and many people including ourselves has been praying for us for the many years we struggled. I will constantly thank God for His wonderful timing. Eventhough I sometimes don't understand why He plans things at certain times in my life (like now) I trust in Him and am obedient to what He wants for me.

If you have any helpful pregnancy tips, I would love to hear them.

6 comments:

Wendy Power said...

(Squeeee!) Oh, congratulations, Sheryl! Has your name appeared on the "expecting" prayer list on your church bulletin (do you have one of those?) I long to appear there. I don't want to be Hannah any more.

E-mail me with the scoop.

Malia said...

So glad to see you've posted the news here! I've been bursting! So happy for you and Troy!

Not to rain on your parade, but my morning sicknesses didn't start until about 8 weeks or so! If you do end up getting it, don't let yourself get hungry. Keep something on your stomach (like the proverbial saltine crackers) as much as possible. It helps stave off the major nausea.

Once again, Congratulations!

Root's Ramblings said...

Malia- thanks for the heads up. I've had several people tell me they've had the sickness later in pregnancy. I'm expecting it at some point, and I do have a huge supply of saltines.
Thanks! I'm sure I'll be asking many questions along the way.
And I talked to a friend who is going to give me her book. :-) She was gonna get rid of it but it was perfect timing that I told her. Now she has someone to give all her books too, and her son's baby clothes. :-)
I'm gonna try my darndest to stay healthy. I'm having to change a lot of habits. :-)

Tanya said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!! My cure for morning sickness was sucking on peppermint. That always made my tummy feel better :)

Also, I recommend reading "The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy." I love this book!

Tracy said...

Congratulations! What great, happy news! Good book suggestion, Tanya.

I hope the pregnancy goes well and that there's minimal sickness.

Thanks for sharing your news.

Wendy Power said...

Start taking profile pictures right away, every couple of weeks, in the same outfit, against the same wall. You'll love seeing the progress later on.