Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tyler's First Christmas

We survived Tyler's first Christmas.
We had so much to be thankful for this year - especially our special Christmas present. ;-)

The holidays started out with our traditional Christmas Eve with family from Troy's dad's side. It's a traditional going back 3 generations where we get together and have chilli and cornbread. We usually go to Trina's (Troy's sister) house but this year, it was at our house. That meant that I had to get all my Christmas decorations ou and put up the tree. We hadn't decorated for the last few years as we're hardly home because of Christmas rehearsals and such. We didn't have a big production this year, and we now have a reason to decorate.

Christmas day was a busy one, as most holidays are. In the afternoon, we went to my sister's house up in the mountains, and then came down and went to Troy's mom's (Judy's) house that evening. It was quite a day and Tyler was awake through most of it. He got a little cranky at Judy's house, I'm thinking because there was a lot of people there.

We had 3 different 'Baby's first Christmas' outfits that we put Tyler in for the holidays including a Santa hat that was unfortunately too big on him. He looked so cute in them. We found one onesey that said, "Who needs Santa when I have Grandma." That's especially true for Tyler since grandma Judy is already spoiling him. We saved that one for Christmas day so we could show the grandmas.

Among Tyler's gifts were clothes, toys, and a cute little overnight backpack with Mickey Mouse on it. It was way cute and I was tempted to keep it for myself. One special gift we gave to all the grandparents was a double picture frame. On one side, it had a cute picture of Tyler smiling. On the other, was his footprint imprinted in a clay-like substance that turned rubbery when dried. It was specifically designed to hold a footprint image on one side. It was quite a chore to get his footprint, but based on their reaction, it was worth it.

I took a few pictures, but not many. You would think I'd be going picture crazy since this was Tyler's first Christmas. It'll be more fun next year when he's able to open his gifts on his own. Tyler's is growing so quick. He turned 2 months old on December 18th. According to the last doctor's appointment he's now weighing 11 lbs, 5 oz. Believe it or not, that's just one ounce more then I weighed when I was born (I was a month overdue).
With the new year right around the corner, that means I'll be back at work soon too. I've gotten used to staying at home with him, but actually look forward to getting back into the swing of things. My mom will watch Tyler while I'm at work. They live close to campus so I can go check on Tyler during lunch and it's on my way to and from work.
I'll post pictures soon, when I get them downloaded.
Until then, Happy New Year to everyone!
May God Bless each and every one of you for 2008!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Glad that Tyler's first Christmas was fun. Happy New Year to your sweet family :)

Malia said...

I just love that picture! He's sooooo cute!

Glad you had a nice 1st Christmas with Tyler. I remember having several really cute Christmas outfits for the GMan, too, at his 1st Christmas. They were about all he wore for the month of December!