Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lakers, Celtics and the Bulldogs!!

I've come to be quite a sports fan the last few weeks.
For some reason, I am finding myself watching the NBA Finals between the L.A. Lakers and the Boston Celtics. This historic rivalry used to be quite a game to watch when the game was still about basketball. Today's rivalry between the two teams is more about the 'superstars' (who shall remain nameless). There has been some razzing in my office between myself and a few others about who will win - the Lakers or the Celtics. After tonight's game, the Celtics lead 2 games to 1. Now, considering I'm from California, you would think that I would be a die-hard Laker fan. Actually, I'm kind of hoping the Celtics take it. (1) Because it has been a long time since they won the NBA Finals; and (2) they seem to be more of a co-hesive unit and there is no ONE standout 'star'.

On the other side of the spectrum is the NCAA Baseball World Series, which my Fresno State Bulldogs have made it into! Gooooooo BULLDOGS!! After 3 hard games against Arizona State, Fresno State was victorious with a 12-9 win on Sunday night. What made this even more exciting is that our pastor's son, Jordan, is on the team and got to play for a little bit during game 3. He's a freshman so he doesn't get much playing time but what an exciting experience for him to be apart of such a memorable moment!

Now, the Bulldogs will face Rice on Sunday in the College Baseball World Series in Omaha, Nebraska. The last time they made it this far was in 1991.

GO DOGS!!

1 comment:

BrenOaks said...

So fun to cheer on some teams!! Perfect way to start the summer.