Monday, October 02, 2006

Goodbye summer... Hello Fall

Say goodbye to Summer...
Goodbye shorts
Goodbye bathing suits
Goodbye my pittiful attempt at tanning
(I'm a white girl - I can accept that now! I CAN NOT TAN!!!!)
Goodbye hot sweaty, 100+ degree days
Goodbye fans (Troy is saddened while I rejoice!) :-)

Say Hello to Fall!
Hello comfy blankets
Hello warm sweaters
Hello electric blanket (agin, Troy is saddened while I rejoice!)
Hello winter rains

As I was driving home from work today on this overcast Monday, I noticed the sun's rays beating through the clouds. I was reminded of the awesome-ness of God. Eventhough the clouds darken the skies, the light still finds a way to shine through. I was reminded that we are the light in this dark world.

Is your light shining? Or is it dim?

"Let your light shine before men so they may see your good works and glorify the Father, which is in Heaven." Matthew 5:16 NIV

2 comments:

Malia said...

I always happily say goodbye to summer and hello to fall, it's my season!

Root's Ramblings said...

I love fall too! The changeing of the colors is absolutely beautiful! I'm a fall person too.
:-)