Monday, June 11, 2007

Today is the day

UPDATE: IT'S A BOY!

Today is the day that I find out if I'm having a boy or girl. I'm kinda nervous, and excited all in one. It's starting to really hit me that I'm going to be a mom, and my stomach grows bigger and I start feeling the changes going on within me. This is a defining moment.

It's been really sweet (and sometimes annoying) to see how excited Troy is. He's really look forward today and has been on me constantly to eat better, make sure I drink enough water and get a lot of rest, etc. He's going to make a good daddy, although it will be a growth experience for the both of us. I think especially for him.

Troy and I have been working on the baby's room and still have so much to do. We've made some headway getting all the junk out. Have gone through momory lane with old pictures, and momentos of our youth. I came across camp pictures that really took me back. Some really good memories!!

After this afternoon, we start really getting into gear turning our 'storage' room into a fine looking baby's room. We're going with a Disney theme for the room. Baby Disney for a boy (with more blues and browns) and Disney Princess for a girl (with more pinks).

Now, if we could decide on a name. I have a few ideas but nothing conclusive yet - as long as it begins with a T. Middle names are already decided, just trying to figure out a good first name.

For a boy: Tyler, Trey (although too close to 'Troy') Tristan, Trent, Trevor
For a girl: Talia, Taylor, Tricia, Tia

What are your thoughts?

5 comments:

Malia said...

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! I know you're so thrilled since a boy is what you were hoping for :D

Have fun with that nursery!

Malia said...

Oh, I like Trevor...fwiw.

Root's Ramblings said...

Trevor was one of our choices too. I think we narrowed it down to Tyler or Tanner.

Wendy Power said...

Oh, congratulations!!!

Check out this web site:
http://babynamewizard.com/
namevoyager/lnv0105.html

You can look up popularity of names from 1880 on; just give this kiddo a name that five other boys in his class won't have!

Tanya said...

Congratulations!! You will LOVE having a boy!! And I WAY love "T" names :) Brady's middle name is Tyler :)