Sunday, July 01, 2007

The I-phone cometh!

The I-Phone has arrived!!
So much commotion over a phone. On Friday, the much anticipated I-phone (from Mac) was available in store. Depending on where you go, some stores sold out in a matter of a few hours.

Is it really worth it get up at 0-dark thirty, and get in line at a local Apple or A.T. & T. stores for a phone that costs $500+ . I know of 3 people that were in those lines (although not quite that early) and got the phones on the first day out. Some claim they had issues with activation, while others were up & running in about an hour. And those who have wireless services other then A.T. & T are out of luck if they want to keep their original service. The I-phones won't work on anything but A.T. & T.

At first glance these phones look very neat, like a mini-computer (which most phones are leaning towad nowadays) and has a touch screen instead of a normal keypad. You have your regular phone features plus music, video and internet - all in one.

It's a neat little gadget - BUT.....

I think we'll wait til the price goes down a little AND all the little bugs that come with new technology are all fixed. Being I'll probably be using a Mac in my chosen field (once I graduate), it's probably inevitable that I'll get one - EVENTUALLY.

No comments: