Friday, July 27, 2007

To Be Young Again

I long for those younger years where we were excited about birthdays. The cakes, the parties, the family vacations.

As a kid, I'd usually spend my birthdays in Yosemite with my family and friends from church. My mom would cook me a home-made chocolate cake and we'd have a mini party right there in the campground. So much fun! Then, as I got older, I'd spend my birthdays in VA at my dear Camp WaMaVa with friends and co-counselors. A few times it was a disappointed day for me, but others would make up for it!

Those were the good ole days when we looked forward to birthdays!!

Yesterday, I turned 35, and it there was hardly a commotion. Believe me, I'm not complaining though... I wanted it that way. I tried to keep it quiet in the office but a few people found out and made a big spectacle. My parents were out of town (but we celebrated before they left); my sister Sherry was out of town with my brother-in-law and nephew (but she called me last night); and I got an e-card from my sister Sandy, in NY.
From Troy's side of the family, his mom & dad, and aunt called to wish me a happy birthday. They all sang to me (some better then others)... it was cute. I got many emails and text messages from friends that remembered!! I am greatful to my friends. I don't have many, but the ones I have are AWESOME!!

When I got home the little dork himself (Troy) had gotten me a musical card and some flowers.
The card played 'Always and Forever' which was appropriate for us... although that would've fit more with our anniversary but its the thought that counts. At least he went out to purchase something. :-) We went out to a nice dinner, just the two of us last night, and we're going out with his mom & step-dad tonight.

Instead of celebrating, we'd rather stay home, and work on getting Tyler's room ready (it's getting closer) but still have a lot to go so we can start painting.

All in all, it was a good birthday, and life goes on.
O-Bla-Dee, O-Bla-Dah.... La, la, la, la.... Life Goes On!

1 comment:

BrenOaks said...

I dread every birthday now! Crazy how quickly we cross that invisible line from fun celebration to "is it that time again!?". Glad it was a good one. I am a rotten friend for losing the date over the years. Happy late one and enjoy getting the room ready!