Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back at work

This week was my first week back at work after being off for 2 months with my baby boy. No tears have been shed, although I have found that I do miss him during the day.
Surprisingly, it hasn't been too tough, since my mom is watching him and she only lives 5 minutes away from campus. I go over to the house every day for lunch to see my little man. He's usually sleeping.
The days seem LONGER and I find myself spacing out a lot at my desk. I have a lot of distractions, including my adorable little pictures I have as my desktop wallpaper. This week was a bit quiet since classes are still on their winter break.
School starts back up this next week so the campus should get a lot more active and hopefully, the work day should start seeming shorter. This also means it will be harder to find a decent place to eat on campus without a long line.
New this semester is the opening of a Chick-fil-a on our campus. I still haven't been down there to taste the food but their reputation is for great Chicken! We'll see.
It's been a long, busy week. I'm pooped. I totally understand how new moms can suddenly change their mind and remain stay-at-home moms instead of returning to work. If it were financially possible and I could keep myself from staying in my PJ's all day every day, I might consider it.
I applaude all you SAH moms!! You're my hero!!

Here's some pics from Christmas:




No comments: