Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Christmas 20 Questions

ristmas 20 Questions

Got this off of Malia's blog. Looked like fun.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate!! And if I can mix it with coffee... even better!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wrapped! Part of the fun is unwrapping the presents.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Well, currently... we don't have any... But I live colored lights. it's perty!!!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Don't need to. Can always get a kiss from my hubby!!

5. When do you put your decorations up? If we do, it's when I can find a free day to do it in our busy holiday schedule. Most years we don't have much time due to our church Christmas production.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? STUFFING!!! And sorry, I must add the dessert because no holiday is complete without Pumpkin Pie!!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Don't remember really. I do remember always having Christmas at my great-aunt & uncle's house and I was always so excited to hand out the presents to everyone.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth about Santa?? :-)
For me, I think Santa was just the spirit of Christmas. Jesus being the reason for Christmas has always been a part of my Christmas'.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. I was always so excited for the presents, I had to open one. Now, we celebrate Christmas Eve with part of Troy's family (the other side, we see on Christmas Day) so we still open up presents on both days.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? No cookies for Santa. He needs to watch his fat intake. I eat the cookies and drink the milk for him!! :-)

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! With we could get more in CA. We're not likely to have a white Christmas in Fresno anytime soon. I need to go celebrate Christmas with my sister in New York! Then, I 'd have a white Christmas.

12. Can you ice skate? yes. it's been a long time though.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? no

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Ditto with Malia's answer!! Taking time to specifically remember Christ's birth and what an amazing gift that was for humankind. And being with family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Pie with LOTS of whipped cream!!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I've been collecting one special Christmas ornament each year for our tree. Once we have children, I want to start the tradition of reading the Christmas story. And fromTroy's family, chili & cornbread is the official Root Christmas Eve meal! I plan on carrying on that tradition!

17. What tops your tree? If I had my tree up, an angel.

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Giving. "It is more blessed to give, then to receive." That is soooo true!!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? I have so many... hard to choose just one. Any Christmas carol that celebrates Jesus is a favorite.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUM!! Their especially good in hot chocolate or in coffee.

No comments: