Monday, December 05, 2005

Using your gifts

On Saturday night, I attended a friend's dance recital for her college dance class. I always knew she was an incredibly talented dancer, but it took watching her in person to see how naturally dance came to her. She was mesmorizing!
God gives us each talents and gifts to be used... and dance is Ellie's. She performed in many of the group pieces which were entertaining, and as her project, she choreographed her own dance. Instead of dancing to music though, she danced to a written poem, which she wrote. Not only is she a creative dancer, she's also a creative writer. Her poem was a look into her life and with every emotional word, she danced and moved to show that emotional.
As with any talent that is God-given or learned, it can be used for enjoying life, or it can be wasted. It can be used to enjoy life, it can be used to praise and worship God, who gave us that ability. God delights in His children who use the gifts He has given us.
Do you know what your gift or talent is? What is it that you are passionate about doing?
Ellie's passion is dancing... and she uses that gift to bring joy to God and to others.
With me? I love music, and I love to sing. God gave me the talent to sing, and I use it to His glory. That is my passion.

2 comments:

Malia said...

I think I must have the gift of blogging!

Root's Ramblings said...

Then use your gift, baby!! :-)