Saturday, December 31, 2005

A New Start for the New Year



In 2006, I embark on a place where I have not been in over a decade. The thought of it scares me, yet I am excited on where this will take me. Although for some, it's a drastic life change.. for me, it's just a matter of juggling all that my life holds. I'm going back to college!

Not just any college though, I am taking classes through an online university to get my AA degre, which I never finished, and on to get a BA degree - all in the matter of a few years. With the excellerated course, I will get my AA degree in just over a year. Then, it'll take another year to get the BA.

As I said, this new venure is both scary and exciting. I think Troy's more excited about it then I am though. ;-) My first class (Business & Society) begins on Monday. I have one week to finish my first assignment, which as I look at the assignment, I think to myself, "What in the world have I gotten myself into!" I have to do a tons of research and a business plan for starting up a new business, I have to read 3 chapters in the textbook they sent me (and I'm not much of a reader, so that'll be the greatest challenge), Talk to 3 different types of businesses - a sole-proprietorship, a partnership and a corporation, then write a summary of my findings from them. For this fictitious business, I have to find start-up capital, a place to locate my business and find out about my competition... as well as formulating a website for the business.
As I said.. "WHAT IN THE WORLD HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO!!"

So, as I do this homework, I also have to work 8 hours a day, juggle my responsibilities with church, the house, spending time with my dear, Troy, and somewhere in that mix... eat & sleep. I have taken on extra responsibility at church - I auditioned and made the vocal team for this year, as well as continuing in the choir. I also have committed myself to a one-year bible study with some ladies in leadership, in which we have to read a book each month (again, a great challenge for me) and then, do a study on the book when we meet. I'm in charge of taking the pictures at our meetings, and my job is to do a photo album of our time together. I'm so behind.

So, I pray that the new year brings lots of joy and happiness! For me, I'm sure there won't be a dull moment! I'll keep you posted!
Blessings for the new year!

1 comment:

Malia said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
I BELIEVE IN YOU :-)

So cool, going back to college, that's still years away for me, but the time will come, I know it will.

Happy New Year Sweetie! Love and Miss you! Maybe 2006 will be our year?