Sunday, March 12, 2006

2nd Class - Officiall DONE!!

I've survived my second month back in college. My second class officially ended yesterday a,d I think I did pretty well. Except for 1 crazy week when I submitted a not-so-great paper, I have gotten all A's in my Marketing class. I'll get my final grades in a few days, and hopefully make the Dean's list this month! :-) I really enjoyed this class and loved the professor.

Going through the last through classes, I've wondered.... is it the specific course, or a professor that helps a student be successful. Taking what would be 2 some-what easy classes for me, I found my first class (Intro to Business) difficult because of the professor. She INSISTED that we call her Dr. and her bio was more like a resume of all her creditials. She was unclear with her instructions, not very approachable when it came to questions, and nit-picked with every little detail. I barely made a 'B' average in that class. My second class (Marketing) was fun because of the subject material, and the professor was very friendly. We got to call her by her first name (she wasn't a Dr), grades us according to the effort we put into our assignments and encouraged us every step of the way.

Thinking of my early college years, I now understand how some 'kids' aren't quite ready for college yet... especially if they don't know what they want to be (which is the case with most incoming college freshman and graduating seniors).

Did you know what you wanted to do when 'you grew up'?? I had a few interests but didn't know what I wanted my career to be. My failure of a college career right out of high school has made me realize that eventhogh I was a good student, I needed a break from 'school' to figure it out. The last few semesters of college, I mainly spent with music classes (choir, piano, voice, etc). I didn't mean to take 1o+ years to get back, but I think me being older (and maybe a little wiser) now, I am realizing what area of study I want to pursue. I can now focus directly on achieving those goals.

So, back to my classes: I have a week break before I begin my next 2 classes!! Yes, 2 classes at the same time! It'll be interesting to see how I handle that, I was barely able to do one class at a time! I'll post my final grades for Marketing when I receive them in the next few days.

Hope all is well out there in blog-land!
Take care, ya'all!!

1 comment:

Malia said...

My biggest regret about my college education was that I didn't take some time off first between H.S. & college. I was soooo not ready for college, didn't know what I wanted to do/be, was more interested in goofing off and having fun, etc. I hope I remember that when my kids are college bound and if they feel they want to wait, then let them wait!