Monday, March 27, 2006

Destined to be friends

Have you ever met a person and automatically had a deep connection with them? I'm not talking about the chemistry between a male and female, I'm talking about the friendship connection between friends. God has blessed me with a few wonderful friendships in my life - both living close and living far away. I may not talk with the friends living far way as often, but when we do talk, we don't skip a beat.

I met two ladies this weekend that have already become cherished friends. I drove to San Jose on Saturday (a 2 1/2 hour drive) to attend (more like work) a concert. Troy had to stay in town for church on Sunday (one drawback with him being on tech staff) so I was on my own. I was introduced to two laides that were also volunteering at the concert.

When I met Ruth and Lisa, we connected immediately. Ruth, another red-head (I love my read-headed friends!! lol) is very energetic, full of life and has the passion for the ministry as I do.

Her friend Lisa, was just along from the ride, but she and I also clicked. We're both the reserved, quiet types. We LOVE coffee (that's an understatement) and are both singers.

I love my friends and I cherish my friends!

1 comment:

Malia said...

I love and cherish my friends, too! :-)