Monday, August 28, 2006

Run Forrest! Run!!

Run Fah, Fah away!! At least, that's what I'm so tempted to do today.

It's the first day back for students at Fresno State University.
The first day (first week actually) is a madhouse and packed full of lost students who haven't a clue where to go. Besides being 10 minutes late to work this morning because of the increased traffic around campus (and I left the house earlier too expecting a delay), the first week of classes is hopping with activity. The start of a new school year does mean one very important thing, which I'm excited about...
FOOTBALL!!
And better still.... FRESNO STATE FOOTBALL!!
Their first game is this weekend! GO DOGS!!!

Some things to look forward to (well, not really): The line for food is longer, as is the line in the bookstore (where we can grab our snacks). I try to think back at when I started college, and the chaos I experienced and feel somewhat sorry for students during this first week. That feeling only lasts... about a second. :-) ha, ha.

I miss summer time on campus:
THE QUIET: with no students on campus, it's nice & quiet. Peaceful & relaxing.
Now, there's hussle & bussle of the lunch rush, and there's loud music coming from 'the pit' (the lunch area where people hang out).

THE SUMMER SCHEDULE (7 am - 3:30 pm)
It was nice while it lasted but all good things must come to an end, eventually. Although it was difficult to wake up early (all who know me KNOW that I am NOT a morning person), it was so nice getting off at 3:30! It almost made getting up early worth it! (ALMOST)

Now we're back to 8-5 and the afternoon drags on for what seems like forever!

EASY IN/OUT AT THE BOOKSTORE: grabbing snacks from the bookstore was easy and fast during the summer. what took just a few minutes to grab your favorite candy and soda, now takes at least 10 minutes due to the increase of students.


I'm not one for big crowds... maybe that's why I'm taking classes online. :-)
Oh ya, I am now a 'sophomore'!! Yah!! Five more months and I'll have my AA degree done! Wooo hooo!! Online education is so much better! :-)

Pray for my sanity during this chaotic and trying week! I hope I make it! :-)
Go Dogs!

No comments: