Sunday, October 21, 2007

Tyler is Here!

Sorry for the delay in posting our son's blessed arrival. It's been quite an interesting few days.


Tyler Steven Root

born Thursday, October 18, 2007

at 6:52 am

Weight: 7 lb, 7 oz

Height: 20 1/2 in. long

The inducement period was LONG, and delivery went somewhat smoothly. Was given the epidural (thank you God for drugs!!) but had to have an episiotamy to help get Tyler out. I'm doing much better now and I was discharged from the hospital yesterday. I suffered from a minor headache which is a side effect of the epidural but am doing better now.

Tyler remains in the nursery, although he's just fine. He still had a bit of fluid in his lungs and was having problems breathing on his own with he first came out. He was also suffering from a bit of jaundas. He was on oxygen and was being fed introveniously for the first couple days but is now now eating a small bit of formula and is breathing on his own.

Troy has contstantly looked in on him and given me updates, as I have only been able to see him a few times due to my issues. Now that I'm feeling better, I can go try to see him tomorrow.

He is growing stronger day by day and we pray that we can bring him home soon!
Please pray for his continued strength and that we can hold him in our arms ASAP!



He is in good hands withthe nurses in the nursery and we both know God is caring for this little blessing every step of the way!

5 comments:

Malia said...

Thanks for the update!! I'm sorry your little boy isn't home with you yet but I'm sure it'll happen soon and I'm thankful that it isn't anything very serious!!

So happy for y'all! Looking forward to more updates :)

BrenOaks said...

SO happy for his arrival!! Hang in there through these exhausting days. I pray he is strong enough soon to come home! Rest up!!

Tracy said...

You're a MOM! Congratualations. What a great post! Praying that he gets strong quickly and is able to come home with mom and dad soon and that you are healing quickly.

Keep us updated.

Root's Ramblings said...

tyler is developing great and will hopefully be home with us soon. he improves so much every day!

Tanya said...

Congratulations on your sweet baby boy! How exciting :) Hope the three of you will be home together soon!!