Monday, October 08, 2007

At 36 weeks - Now on Maternity Leave

I'm officially at 36 weeks - about 28 days to go until my due date.

I am officially on maternity leave, 2 weeks earlier then expected thanks to a pinched sciatic nerve in my back that the baby is pressing against.

I had an overnight stay in the birthing center at Kaiser and they took great care of me. The baby is doing well, I was just in severe pain. I'm doing better now and the pain is more like a stretch muscle. It will make the next few weeks very painful and uncomfortable.

Along with some other issues (I won't go into due to TMI) I actually hope little Tyler comes earlier, eventhough I did say I didn't way an Oct. baby.God is in control and he knows just the right time for him to come.

Please keep me, Troy and Tyler in your prayers as we get closer to the birth. School will be tremendously difficult as the time goes on as I still need to try to get my assignments done through all this.
I'll keep you updated as I can.

Blessings,
Sheryl

1 comment:

Malia said...

I went to a chiropractor during my entire pregnancy with JBelle because of sciatic nerve issues. I remember spending an entire night in terrible pain because my chiropractor had gone out of town and I didn't get my adjustment that week. The next time I saw him, I told him that I was banning him from leaving town again until after the baby was born!!

Glad you're feeling better. Enjoy that maternity leave! I went to matinée movies (just don't order a large drink, you'll have to get up during the middle of the movie to pee!) and "nested"!