Friday, November 24, 2006

Let the crazyness begin...

Update: I just checked Ebay, and not only is there one for $30k, there's a few up for bid for $1 million!!! 1 MILLION!!! OMG!! It's actually quit shocking that anyone would even consider paying that much just to get a game that will be out dated in a year. How greedy people have become. One of them listed for $1 mil says it will benefit the Boys & Girls Club. Sure it will! ;-)

----------------------------------------------------

The day after Thanksgiving... also known as 'Black Friday'.
I didn't dare go out into the crazyness today. In fact, I am going to try to affoid the malls at all costs from now til after New Years.

I was thinking though, could it have even compared to just about a week earlier when the whole world went crazy for the new PS3? From reports in Fresno, hundreds of people camped out in front of stores for a chance to spend $700+ for a PlayStation 3 (not including all the games). The one problem... most stores only got a few dozen and when they ran out even before stores opened, riots began which led to many arrests. Latest gossip is that there's a PS3 on Ebay for $30k!!! Someone has to be totally out of there mind to buy a PS3 for that much!!!

So, what's on your shopping list for this Christmas?? Before you dare the malls, make a list, plan your trip and pray for a safe trip!
Good luck!!

On your mark.... get set.... SHOP!!

Just remember one thing though. Christmas isn't about the shopping (despite what retailers may want you to believe), the gifts or even about Santa Claus. It's about celebrating the birth of our precious Savior, Jesus! Keep in mind the Reason for the Season!

2 comments:

Malia said...

I've done the majority of my shopping online for the past couple of years. There are some things like stocking stuffers that I just pick up when I'm out and about. But if I can get it delivered to my door at this time of year, that's where I'm at!

tonymyles said...

I work at the Boys and Girls Club. Trust me... we haven't seen that money yet. :)