Monday, February 12, 2007

L-O-V-E is patient

As Valentine's Day draws near, I wanted to put m thoughts down about the word 'LOVE'.

There are 484 references to the word "Love" in the Bible. (reference: bibleresources.bible.com)
There are numerous songs written about it.

Perhaps one of the most known scripture about Love is : 1 Corinithians 13:4-8.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails.
I'm going to break up the verses and talk about how my wonderful husband lives by these verses.

Love is patient: In this past year, Troy has been very patient with me. Through my journey in going back to school, he has allowed me the extra time to focus on my schoolwork. It's taken a lot of free time away from us being together, but the way he looks at it, the temporary inconvenience makes us cherish the weekends much more, and will be well worth the wait once I'm done with my degree!
Love is kind: Troy is one of the most kind-hearted people I know. He is always trying to please other people, despite his wants or needs. He's got a some-what generous heart and loves being of service to others.
It does not envy: He is not one to become jealous or envyous of other people. He knows he's been blessed with the life's he's had, and God continues to bless him... and us.
It does not boast: Well, he does boast a bit, but he's proud of what his hard work has accomplished... and so am I!! He boasts in a 'matter of fact' sort of way, not the 'see how great I am' way. He is quick to thank God for allowing him to accomplish what he has.
It is not proud: I guess we are all prideful in some sort of way... Troy does not allow pride and ego to get the best of him. He is proud of the man he has become and He remains humble in knowing he still has a lot to learn. I am very proud of him as well! He has sacrificed a lot, and endured a lot criticism from others. He has stayed faithful, become a stronger man of God, and knows that hard work may not bring total success, but brings satisfaction in the attempt!

I love that man of mine!!

2 comments:

Malia said...

Awwww! I think he's a very blessed man to have you as a wife :)

Root's Ramblings said...

I'm the blessed one!
:-)