Monday, August 15, 2005

It's Raining? In California? In August??

On days like this, a few things come to mind... the old children's song, "It's raining, it's pouring...." and to quote from the Carpenters, "Rainy Days & Monday's Always Get Me Down."
Especially when it's raining AND it's Monday.
It's a gloomy Monday morning. It doesn't seem like summer anymore. Where has the 100 degree weather gone?? Not that I want it back!! If this dull weather is a forecast of the way the day will go today, I hope that It'll be a lot sunnier soon. Doesn't seem to be coming though.
This summer, the campus of Fresno State was on a special summer schedule of 7 am - 3:30 pm to help the state conserve electricity. For us, it became something to look forward to... not the getting up so early, but the getting off at 3:30 definately made up for it! Today, we started back on our regular 8 to 5 schedule. School starts next week! Hummmmm. I hope this day goes by quickly. The afternoons tend to drag on and on, when all you do is sit at a desk and type all day. (That's what I do) At least, I have my music. That keeps me sane during a day full of repetitive activities.
My mind wanders to more important things... like my church activities, my next concert date, and my new toy - a brand new bass guitar, which I am learning to play. It's a challenge, but according to those I've talked to, it should be farely easy to learn. I hope it's a lot easier than learning piano... been there, tried that! I'm just not coordinated enough to use both hands at once.
Hope the summer has been good to all of you, who read this. (hope someone's out there reading!!) G'day my mates
!

1 comment:

Malia said...

hey girl, i'm reading!

it rained here today too, well at least in some parts of nashville, i don't think we got any at my house but it rained on me and the kids while we did our errands in other parts of the city.

i love rainy days, but not mondays