Saturday, August 27, 2005

A Spa Day



Aaaaa! What a feeling, to be able to relax and be pampered after a long and hectic week. It was so nice, and I highly recommend it to anyone (male or female) who needs to get re-energized. As mentioned in my last post, Troy got me a spa package at Zena's Island Day Spa for our anniverary. The package included a deep tissue massage, herbal wrap and a pedicure. I chose to substitute the pedicure for a facial. I've never had a pedicure, but really wanted a facial instead.

The morning started out with the facial in this nice little room, warmly decorated and with ocean waves soothing my ears. Thirty relaxing minutes gettings exfoliated, moisterized and massaged... yes, my face got massaged too! This was a high-class place! Next was the herbal wrap. Wasn't sure what to expect with this but it felt great! You basically get wrapped up in hot terrycloth-type sheets that have been soaked in herbs. It was VERY hot... but after awhile, felt really good. They put a few layers over you, then wrap you up in this taffata-type fabric. The herbs along with the heat is suppose to hydrate and cleanse your body of toxins. For me, it felt like being bundled up in a really warm blanket.

Next, was the massage. Oh... the massage!! The poor therapist had a lot of tension to work on in my shoulders. She works your whole body, literally from head to toe. I've never had a scalp massage, but it felt pretty good. After the massage, came the time to get dressed and leave this enchanted place of relaxation for reality. Next time - I'm going for the whole day!!!

As I mentioned before, if you've never experienced a spa treatment, I highly recommed it! I can't say that I'm re-energized and ready to conquer the world for another week, but it made a usually busy Saturday, very relaxing and worth getting.

2 comments:

Malia said...

love massages! I've never had a facial, though I'd like to try one and never had an herbal wrap but that sounds a bit claustrophobic to me. I LOVE PEDICURES and would highly recommend them. They are my favorite "spa" treat. There is this nail place near where I live and they do good, cheap manicures and pedicures. I think it's always pampering to have someone else work on my fingers and toes :-)

Root's Ramblings said...

M- I loved the facial. you should try one. If you do tend to get claustrophobic, then I wouldn't recommend the wrap. When I'm brave enough to have someone do my toseys, I'll try a pedicure. I do love getting my nails done though. - S