Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Rain, Rain... Go Aaaway....

If you're like me, you've been watching the trek of Hurrican Katrina, now downgraded to a Tropical Storm. It's times like this I feel so blessed that I live in California, instead of anywhere on the East coast. Some may disagree, but I'd rather take an earthquake over hurricanes or tornados. As I watch the news coverage of the impact Katrina has made, I pray for those in her path... and those dear friends of mine, who may also encounter her.
I thought it quite incredible that the force of Katrina was so strong, that it ripped a whole in the SuperDome, where the New Orleans Saints (NFL football team) play their games. Since the season in about to begin, that may cause a problem. I guess it's not such a 'Super Dome' after all, huh. :-) So, what happens when the Saint's have to play at home? My guess: Pray for No Rain!!
With total damage rising and many areas in need, it's times like this that the true meaning of being Americans comes alive. When disaster happens, Americans come out in full force and lend a helping hand. In spite of all our differences, we rise to the occassion to lend help and support to those being effected... in this case, those who have lost their homes, food, clothes, possessions, etc. because of Katrina.
I pray that those of us who have been fortunate not to be in Katrina's path will reach out our hands to our fellow Americans on the other side of the country to help them recover from their loss. Check out your local relief organizations helping to aid the Katrina victims. If you like, you can also check out the following sites that I recommend:
www.redcross.org, www.samaritanspurse.org (with is an organization chaired by Franklin Graham, son of Rev. Billy Graham).
God Bless all of you, and may He keep you safe! You are in my prayers!

Ps. If you have suffered any effects from Katrina, please let me know... so that I may pray for your specific needs.

No comments: