Monday, August 08, 2005

Recent adventures

This summer has been quite a wild ride for us this year. I can't believe it's August already!

July was full of many celebrations including my birthday and my anniversary to my husband, Troy of 10 wonderful years! I surprised Troy with an anniversary party and renewing of vows ceremony. Everyone had a wonderful time and we caught up with so many friends we hadn't seen in so long.

At the end of July, Troy and I attended and helped out at Spirit West Coast in Monterey for the 4th year in a row. If you are unfamiliar with SWC, it's a 3-day music festival (sort of like a Christian Woodstock) held at Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey. We help every year with KLOVE and Air 1 radio, who has a booth there. For those that know us, it has become the custom now that Troy and I help out with KLOVE and Air 1 whenever a concert is in this area or on the central coast. We're (especially me) music lovers enjoy serving with such a wonderful ministry. The picture is of me and Barlow Girl (from left to right, Alisa Barlow, Becca Barlow, me and Lauren Barlow). It was a special treat for me because I got to 'hang' with them when they came to Fresno during a recent tour. Those girls rock!! Check them out at barlowgirl.com!

This last weekend, I left Troy at home and journeyed with my mother-in-law (yes, my mother-in-law) to Sacramento to attend the Women of Faith conference. This is my 4th year going and Judy's 2nd. We are always so blessed by the wonderful speakers and artists that sing & share their stories with us. If there's a Women of Faith conference anywhere near your town, I STRONGLY encourage you to go check it out. You'll enjoy it! Trust me!!!!

More to come as August goes on..

No comments: