Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Better Days... or is it?

The week has been better. The sun came out and the 'Dogs won a very impressive game on Tuesday. They pounced all over Toledo St. 44-14. Go Dogs! The days seem to be getting shorter, and cooler... a good sign that the holidays are nearly approaching.

I can't get over the fact that many retail stores are already putting out their Haloween and Thanksgiving merchandise. It seems that each year, they get put out earlier and earlier. Once the Haloween stores start coming up, I know that Christmas is just around the corner. Besides the crazyness of the holiday shopping, I love Christmas. The whole spirit of giving is a wonderful feeling. I wonder though... since we all have been giving to those effected by Katrina, and now Rita, will the giving at Christmas time be fewer, or stay steady? Once we think that all is ok in the world again, we go back to our self-absorbed lives. Thus we forget that day in and day out, there are many who are without homes, without food, and without the normals that we all take for granted. As we're giving so much to those in the Gulf Coast area, let us knot forget those in our own home towns that have been without for so much longer.

When I think about those, that are so less fortunate than I, my complaints about busy schedules, the weather, and my moods seem not so big. I thank God every day that I have been blessed!!!

No comments: