Monday, September 26, 2005

Rainy days and Monday's Always Get Me Down

Isn't it interesting how the weather can really effect how your day goes? Or your mood? Today's it's really overcast and dreary. It's not quite raining yet, but thunderstorms are expected today, at some point. It was one of those days that you really want to stay in bed and hide from the dreary day that awaits you. Or if you must get up, you could stay home, make a nice fire in the fireplace, put on a good movie or read a good book under your favorite blanket and sip a nice hot cup of cocoa. Unfortunatlely, I can't live in my fantasy world and must make a living. My mood today as been very low... almost depressed. I've been really quiet and just sitting at my desk, doing my work. If it weren't for blaring my positive, encouraging KLOVE into my ears, I'd probably be in tears. Of course, there are some songs that just touch me to tears too... but those are good tears.

I find it so strange that yesterday, the Lord's Day, was nice and sunny, a bit breezy and a wonderful day to spend outside appreciating God's creation. It was a good day. Then, today, it's gloomy and those I see walking around carry an umbrella, for chance of rain.

So, How is it that something as minial as the weather, can effect our moods so? I am not wise in the ways of psychology, so those who are more educaded then myself, please let me know........
Hope your day has been much happier!

2 comments:

Malia said...

Hope your week has gotten better! There is something called SAD, stands for seasonal affectiveness disorder, that many people get in the winter time when there is an obvious lack of daylight hours and minimal sunshine. A lot of it is a brain/body chemistry thing. Your body gets vitamin D from the sun and apparently for some people not getting enough can affect mood and diposition. It's definitely a real phenomenon. Then there are the freaks like me who love rainy days and winter but even I can get down and depressed if it goes on for too long.

Root's Ramblings said...

Thanks for the insight, Dr. :-)