Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Oh what a crazy day

It was one of those days that I really wish I could have stayed in bed.

Oh, the morning I’ve had…
It started with not having a working shower this morning. The on/off dial on our shower broke off. We had to take our showers this morning in the guest bathroom. That was quite an ordeal. Then, because I was running late, I caught all the school traffic and a lot of slowpokes… and one late student who rode my behind all the way to school. He was really getting on my nerves. And to top it off, Troy and I have a concert to help with tonight. so I had to make sure I had my ‘get ready’ stuff with me because I will have to go straight out to the church for concert set-up.

But one thing happened that made all the madness of the morning go away. Today is 'See You At The Pole' Day where students and staff from all over the U.S. gather around their school's flag pole and pray for each other, their friends, their schools, and the nation. With such an uproar about the separation of church and state, I was comforted to see a group, allbeit small, gathered around an elementary flag pole praying. I said a quick prayer for them and went on my way. In all the rush this morning, I forgot what today was.


In honor of 'See You At the Pole' and all the believing students out there, say the pledge:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America... and to the Republic for which it stands, One Nation, UNDER GOD, Indivisable... with Liberty and Justice for All!
Amen!

No comments: