Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Flying while pregnant

This week, I'm in Salt Lake City, UT at a conference for work.
I had to make preparation with my OB to get an 'ok to fly' note for the airlines. I'm at 29 weeks and it wasn't an intersting experience flying with a baby inside. Although the most of the flight was the same as the many others I've taken, When there was turbulunce or a slight altitude change, I was more sensitive to it - and so was Tyler. Luckily, the flight from Fresno to Salt Lake City was only about an hour and a 1/2 long (if even that) so it wasn't too bad.

I'm here with three other guys from work. It's been an interesting experience being with 'the boys' but it did guarantee that I got my own room. No worries with the guys, as two are very happily married (as am I) and the other is seriously dating someone. No temptation here. It's been a great experience so far, although being in SLC wasn't necessarily my top choice to come to a work conference. I've met some great people and have taken some very informative notes to take back to the office and hope to initiate with our group there.

Salt Lake City is an interesting city. From my hotel room, I have a unique view of the Mormon temple, and through the steeples, I see the capitol building. Eventhough we can't go into the temple, the mormon church where the Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearses and sings, has tours for the public. We're within a block away from it so I plan on walking down there and checking it out. I've heard the accoustics in there are incredible.

The conference ends tomorrow, and we'll fly back to Fresno.
I am looking forward to going home, but on the other hand, I know there will be much to do.
One good thing is that summer hours at work have ended and we're back to an 8-5 schedule. Sleeping in an extra hour will be nice but working til 5 will be tough, as I barely made it to 3:30 during the summer. The weather has been nice here - warm with a slight breeze. Not looking forward to going back to the Valley heat.

2 comments:

Malia said...

The red-eye flight from Honolulu to Chicago while I was pregnant with JBelle was pure torture. I twentysomething weeks along with her, 24 maybe? I couldn't sleep because I couldn't get comfortable because I was wedged between David and a total stranger! I was nauseated, had a headache and kept having to use the bathroom. Ugh.

Root's Ramblings said...

that's a long flight. one reason i said yes to going was because it was a short flight. one good thing is that it's one of the smaller jets, not a turbo-prop. that made it better.
i go home tomorrow so we'll see how i do on the flight home.