Thursday, August 30, 2007

Where am I??

A summer thunder storm has hit the Valley and its making me think I'm on the East coast.




Beside the fact that its been really hot and humid in the Fresno area for the last couple of week, last night, we were surprised with a huge thunderstorm, along with a very bright lightning storm.

Although we need the rain desperate in the drouted San Joaquin Valley, the lightning usually causes havic for our firefighters, causing at least a hand full of fires.
It was my wake-up call at 3:30 AM this morning. Actually, I was already awake thanks to all my tossing & turning. I think it went on for a good hour and a half watching the lightning show for our bedroom window, watching the trees sway in the wind and counting the distance between the lightning and thunder.
Reminding me of my dear summers in Virginia, I wondered.... am I in California?? Or Virginia??

No comments: