Monday, October 17, 2005

Emergency? No Rush...

Sunday was a choir Sunday and I had every intention of singing that morning, after my several months of busy too busy to go to rehearsals. I had a hard time getting up, but I did and got to the church around 7:20 am for morning rehearsal. Well, I got to church and a friend of mine, Pennie, was hysterical. She was motioning for me to come over across the caferia (we currently meet at a HS cafeteria) and was mumbling something. I finally got out of her that Troy had severely cut his finger while putting up a banner and had to be rushed to emergency for stitches. Although it wasn't as drastic as she was making it out to be, he had cut it pretty deep, almost cutting the tendon, and had to have 4 stitches put in his left index finger. We only spent a few hours in emergency (only a few patients, but the staff was slower than snails and looked like only 1 doctor working), then I took Troy home to rest. I was able to make it back for our 2nd service, and of course, all the choir and crew was asking me how he was. He'll be off major load-in/load-out duty for a few weeks, which will give him some good time to rest.

Today: he's fine, but still in a lot of pain. He attempted to go to work this morning, but was in so much pain, he's working from home. He does have pain medication he's taking, as well as an antibiotic to prevent infections. He even got a note from the doctor to stay home for 2 days to recoop, but knowning Troy, he tries to go, in spite of the pain.. this time the pain won out! You never realize how much we take things like a finger for granted, til it's injured and it can't be used.

Please pray for quick healing! I'll keep you posted on the patient's condition.

1 comment:

Malia said...

oh my! I'm glad he's doing alright. You never realize how important some things are, like fingers, until you can't use them! We totally take our bodies for granted.