Thursday, October 20, 2005

Hello? Can you hear Me??

When God is really trying to tell us something, it's amazing how deaf we can be to His voice. Sometimes, it takes drastic measures to get us to listen. We're so wrapped up in our own lives, and doing what WE think is His Will, when in fact, it may not be.

For instance, the unfortunate accident of my dear husband. It took a stupid mistake like that for him to realize that he needed to slow down. We came off a busy weekend, got home late Saturday night, and was overly tired Sunday morning while setting up for church that morning. It took severe pain for him to take a day or two off and rest. Although he worked from home via his laptop, it was considerably low key and he napped off and on.

Then, there's when I get so run down, I get myself sick. I don't get sick very often but whenI do, it's usually when I least need it. When I'm busy with work, church, concerts, and just life in general. It's God's knock in the head that's telling me I need to slow down. You would think that after a time or two of realizing this, that I would get it. Blame the blonde hair, or blame just simple human nature. Whatever it is, I need to stop doing so much and just listen. Put aside MY will and do HIS will for me. With all the 'noise' in the world today, any amount of silence is uncomfortable. It's in those silent moments that God speaks to us and we can have such a great connection with God. We all worship and relate to God differently, but it is known that when in silence, God can tell you that He Loves You.

A favorite verse of mine, and a favorite worship song, Psalm 46:10
"Be Still, and Know that I Am God"

I know I am guilty of not being still for very long.... maybe I'm spiritually A.D.D.
Lord, Help me Be Still!

No comments: