Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Worldwind Weekend

Troy went to Promise Keepers in San Jose this weekend. While he was there, Our friend, Larrin, and I went to the Rock of Ages festival in Calistoga, which is near Napa, CA (aka wine country).

Troy left Thursday night, worked from Santa Cruz Friday, and attended the first session of PK Friday night. Larrin and I left Fresno right after work on Friday and drove to Santa Cruz.
Saturday morning, we all left and went our different ways. Larrin and I drove 4 hours to Calistoga to only spend a few hours there. I usually let Troy drive the busy highways because I hate driving around a lot of traffic. Since he wasn't with us, I drove the whole way. Thankfully, traffic wasn't bad. The main reason why were were going to the festival was to see our friends, the Barlow Girls. We caught a lot of traffic going into Napa, due to all the wineries having their wine tastings. Stop & go traffic on a two-lane road for about a 1/2 hour. We got lost in Napa and finally arrived at the festival at 1:30 pm.

We had hoped we hadn't missed Barlow's perform, and we hadn't... thank goodnes! We hung out with them back stage for a bit, then enjoyed some of the other bands there, including one of my other favorites, the Newsboys. (they're from Australia, so of course, I love them!) Picture is of me and Newsboys bass player, Phil Joel.

We left the festival around 5:30ish to head back down to Fresno. Yes, we drove all the way back to Fresno that night. Troy also was heading back that night, due to needing to be at church the next morning. Troy arrived home around 9:30 pm, and Larrin and I got into town around 11 pm. Boy, we were tired after that drive!! Troy was up at 5 to go set up for service. I slept a few more hours & joined him for 2nd service. We both left around 1:30 and went immediately to an open house for our new church office. This was the first step to our church moving to our new facility. We're so excited!! Following the open house, we had our Crown Mininstries bible study that we were leading. We finally got home around 6ish and Troy immediately started napping.

The weekend has come to an end and time for another busy week.
Many blessings to all my readers.

2 comments:

Malia said...

Well I was just certain that was a picture of you and Troy and that he had grown his hair out and bleached it. Much to my dismay it's only a pic of you with a famous person, how humdrum.

HA:-)HA

Root's Ramblings said...

Sorry to disappoint. I'll post a new photo of me & Troy soon.