Friday, October 28, 2005

Halloween - Good? Or Evil??

In comment to my friend Malia's blog, regarding Halloween.

I agree that for the kids, it's all about the fun of getting dressed up and eating the candy! I know that was my favorite part! I dont like the scary or gory costumes but some I've seen in the past are very imaginative. I don't think we've gone to many costume parties but I would go if we were.

My mom, albeit a 'proper Christian' still LOVES to dress up. She's actually won awards for her mummy costumes! She's a crack-up! I love watching the kids come door to door. Some are appreciative and say thank you, others just take the candy and run. It's also a time that neighbors can actually talk to and socialize with one another. In our busy lives, we don't have the type of friendly neighbor relationship that our parents used to have with their neighbors.

Nowadays, I don't personally do anything as far as decorating outside, but Troy and I enjoy going over to his parent's house and handing out candy there. We sit out in the front patio area with our basket of candy, a talking skeletin and hackling (and moving) witch to greet everyone as they come in. The fun part for us is watching all the kids jump & scream when the witch goes off (it's motion sensored) when they get near her. It's very funny!!

This year, we have a concert on Monday night, so we won't be doing anything for Halloween.
But hope everyone has a safe one! Be careful out there!!

No comments: